Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wonderful, Part 2

Eeep! My new order from Hero Arts arrived today. I'll share a picture of the goodness soon. Oh, my. So much fun stuff to play with!

Today, we're looking at a totally different use of the Wonderful Stamp & Cut set from Hero Arts. Yesterday, we saw what happens when you white emboss the wonderful word outline stamp and create blended colors with Arteza markers and a paint brush.

Today, we're exploring a gorgeous distress ink background and simple die-cut word. I'm getting all technique-y on you!



The background was inked up with crushed olive, peeled paint, fired brick, and spiced marmalade distress inks, and then I repeatedly stamped two different Stampa Rosa leaves that were spritzed with water. The distress inks respond beautifully to water, and I love how the leaves look sort of ghostly. The effect is lovely.



The card base and die cut are Papertrey's rustic white cardstock. I ordered it accidentally, meaning to get the rustic cream instead. I won't make that mistake again but feel compelled to use the rustic white. It's a little too white, and I think the rustic cream would look better here, but we work with what we have, right?

Of course.

Anyway, this fabulous stamp-and-die set moved from yesterday's spring-like card to today's autumnal splendor with no trouble whatsoever. Which is really the point behind this series. When a stamp set is this well-designed, it can be hugely versatile.

I wonder what tomorrow's wonderful will bring!?!?

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Wonderful, Stampa Rosa (PSX) leaves
ink: Distress crushed olive, peeled paint, fired brick, spiced marmalade; Archival potting soil
paper: Papertrey rustic white
accessories: mini inking tools, coordinating die, water spritzer



6 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The leaves evoke a sort of damask pattern in the background while remaining organic in movement, which delights me. The autumnal colors are so cozy and bright, like the best type of Thanksgiving day.

    I love Hero Arts' Stamp & Cut sets for their versatility, and it's so interesting to see what you're doing with them. I'm eager to see how you use "wonderful" tomorrow! (And to see your crafty haul. It's so much fun to see other people get new crafty stuff to play with. Mudita, right?)

    I've really been enjoying all your different series this year. Seeing how you take one thing and use it lots of different ways is inspiring—I've started pulling out some of my older sets and trying to bring new life to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly done a lot with that set, Susan. Your distress background is gorgeous. The stamped leaves just seem to float on the background. I love how the die cut pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Go Girl!...am LOVING all your technique-y offerings!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learn so much from your posts! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love technique-y...More please! Do love this particular technique as it looks so ethereal and artsy...something I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never thought about stamping with water on a distress background, thank you for a great idea.

    I love all your 'wonderful' cards - in both senses of the word. I really appreciate the time you take to share and show how one item can be used so differently.
    Con

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!