Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Simple Daisy

After yesterday's copious Copic shell card, today's card seems impossibly simple. Because it is.


This sketchy daisy stamp is perfect...whimsical and fun and pretty all at once. Stamped in simple black and accented with yellow Stickles (the only spot of color on the card), the daisy makes a dramatic statement.



The banner anchors the floating daisy, and the sentiment's business-like font provides some contrast with the loose, flowing sketch of the main image.

Some of you may know that daisies are one of my favorite flowers (the other is pansies). I like daisies so much I named my golden retriever Daisy. She's prettier than any card I've ever made.



This picture shows a very satisfied Daisy. George and I sat close together on the sofa, and Daisy decided that was unacceptable. She pushed her way between us until I scooted over.

Here's the evidence. That's my blue-jean-clad knee.



Once we were separated and her job was accomplished, she walked out to the ottoman and curled up for a nap, using George's foot as a pillow.

Based on this episode, you might think George is her favorite, but the whole family acknowledges that she prefers me. George, however, is most excellent furniture.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and daisies,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hampton Art Stamps daisy, Papertrey Birthday Basics
ink: Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: yellow Stickles, dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. What an fabulous card - I just exquisitely elegant in it's simplicity! LOVE!

    Also love the sweet face of your Daisy. I have a golden retriever, Sadie who is my medical service dog. My first service dog, Gracie was also an AMAZING golden -and they are such a fun breed with abundant personality. Their happy smiles just melt my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this card!
    many ♡ ly greetings sent by
    Sabine from WO(rms) in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, but I love the pictures of furry Daisy even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, This is super and one I will CASE- I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!. The elegance of your simplicity astounds me. Daisies are also my favorite. I carried them at my wedding & they were the blanket on my husband's casket. Thanks so much for this, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I absolutely love both your Daisies! Sweet, sweet Golden girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the sketchy look of the flower on this great cas card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning. As for Daisy the pup, I had to laugh that her job was accomplished so now she could go nap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!