Monday, May 1, 2017

"It's a Major Award!"




This most excellent box of mixed-media goodness was my prize in a random drawing from Marco's Paper on Friday. Here's what I went into the store to buy that earned me four tickets for the drawing, one of which was selected for the MAJOR AWARD:






Because, you know, I need more Copic markers. (Not really, but let's pretend and call that "an alternative fact.")

And y'all, these colors are amazing. If you're looking for periwinkle blues, true greens, and turquoise-y blues, these numbers totally rock and blend beautifully. I'm thrilled with all of them.

So, back to Friday at Marco's. I'm checking out with my pile o' Copics, and the clerk tells me that there's an awesome give-away bag if I buy something from Faber Castell. So she takes me over to the Gelatos, which are cheap, and I buy two--a light and a dark blue--without the slightest idea what in the world to do with them. But hey, I get the free goodie bag, which includes these things:


"Well, yay!" I think. A booklet to show me what to do with the two Gelatos I bought and the one I got for free!

As for the rest, I already have the two stencils, don't own any texture mediums to make the texture cards worthwhile, and the crayon thing is purple (not my favorite), plus a quick survey of videos to with them yields nothing that excites me.

Hmmm.

Later that afternoon, I got the call about my major award, which includes a few things that might make those texture cards worthwhile. It's been quite a while since I won ANYTHING at all, so this truly was a thrill!

So this is what happens when you get sucked into the vortex that is craft-supply shopping: you end up trying a whole bunch of new stuff. So, "Yay!"

Today, I broke open the kit and played around. There's nothing to show for it yet except a giant mess on my desk. But we shall see. I've wanted to experiment with mixed media for a while but hesitated due to the need to buy new stuff and ohmygoshwhatifIhatedoingit and whatawasteofmoney!

So for about five bucks, I get to play. Bottom line, I'm pretty thrilled with my major award!

And now for today's card, which is as happy as I am!




The inks were spritzed with water before stamping. The result reminds me of stained bacterial samples on a microscope slide.

Or not.

Whatever. It's happy, isn't it? And happiness is contagious! Thank heaven for that.

No Gelatos were used in the making of this card. Time will tell if I can make them to work for me, but it sure will be fun figuring that out with my major award. Yay, again!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Watercolor Wonder, Simon Says Stamp Uplifting Words
ink: Memento Luxe black; Memento Bahama breeze, dandelion; StampinUp green galore
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones

11 comments:

  1. Yay! You deserve many more awards! Enjoy the new stash. Can't wait for any reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Can't wait to see, what you will create with all that bounty.
    Whenever I see the brand Faber Castell, I think fondly of my childhood. I always liked to draw and color, so my God parents used to get me markers, pencils and fountain pens made by Faber Castell. They knew someone, who worked there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Can't wait to see, what you will create with all that bounty.
    Whenever I see the brand Faber Castell, I think fondly of my childhood. I always liked to draw and color, so my God parents used to get me markers, pencils and fountain pens made by Faber Castell. They knew someone, who worked there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win! I will be interested to see how you incorporate Gelatos into your CAS style ( I mean that in a positive way). You could use them for the circle colouring in you showed a few posts ago. I love this card - the sentiment and the swooshes are so joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It's always great to win new crafty goodies. I'm so thrilled to see this card today not only because it lifts my mood but because I have both these sets and never thought to put them together. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration -- now I need to go make some cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your huge win! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your new Gelato's, and those beautiful stencils! What fun 🤗 Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy card and thanks for giving me a good laugh already today. Love how you write about your "process"! Have fun with your big win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! It's fun to win. I wouldn't have a clue what to do with Gelatos. They look like lip gloss. The Copics, however... I do "need" a few more colors. Your card today is pure happiness! It's so true that happiness is contagious. Love those three colors together. It does look a bit like a streaked micro plate, but much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. What a great prize. I can not wait to see what you do with the gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your win! It is always uplifting to win something! You card makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Yay for the win. Will look forward to seeing results with your prize.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!