Saturday, May 13, 2017

IC597 Create the Cut

This week's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast asks us to get inspired by the Etsy shop Create the Cut, which shows some lovely watercolor flower designs. My inspiration is HERE.




My watercolor effect was created with markers and a water spritzer on My Favorite Things Circle Scribble Flowers and Party Patterns. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's It's Your Birthday.

This was fun and loose and easy...and my goodness it felt AWESOME to make a card without the fuss, bother, and mess of mixed media. My final experiments with that were disastrous and frustrating, so much so that it's the better part of valor to abandon all hope in that area.

Drama much?

Of course!

Anyway, it was fun to stick to basics and make a card inspired by such a lovely Etsy store! Click on over to IC597 and play along!

Mother's Day is joyful for some and not so much for others. If you're joyful, yay! I am, too.

If you're missing your mother, hugs and comfort to you.

If your mother wasn't nice, I pray peace for you this holiday and escape from the saccharine, soft-focus romanticism of motherhood flooding social media. Please know that Father's Day is similarly painful for me.

Sometimes, life isn't fair.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: My Favorite Things, Simon Says Stamp
ink: Archival black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: silver metallic marker, ruler, craft foam, glue, various markers (StampinUp and Memento), water spritzer


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this! So bright & it pops off the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!
    I love, that you included "if your mother wasn't nice". Even though mine was, I'm sure there are a lot of strained relationships out there, and Hallmark doesn't make a card for that ��
    Happy Mother's Day, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but love this with all the rich color and simplicity. I hope everyone reading this has passed on a better mother's day to their children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!