Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Break from Mixed Media

Just needed to get back to my ink-and-paper roots.




This card was inspired by the cover of Stampers' Sampler magazine...a card by Rosemary Dennis, of course. She's often an amazing inspiration for me!



I took the trio of hearts and flipped them to direct the eye from the cup to the sentiment, and had to move the sentiment to the bottom of the cup because my cup was too small for the sentiment. I love Rosemary's large-scale coffee cup, but sadly, my own Papertrey coffee cup stamps are really too small to work with Altenew's awesome coffee sentiment set.

As a result, my card's nowhere near as balanced as Rosemary's, but that's okay. I worked with what I have, and that's good enough.

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?  --Steven Wright

Still, that doesn't mean we stampers shouldn't try to have everything, right? It sure would make being inspired easier. And it is almost Mother's Day weekend.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and Oxford commas,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Altenew
ink: Versamagic pink petunia, Archival potting soil
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: heart rhinestones, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This must have felt good! I like your clean and simple version with the heart-shaped rhinestones. Yes, where would we put it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cards and am amazed with your experiments with mixed media. They have turned out so beautiful. Thanks for the big laugh when I read the little addition to the end of your post. I love Oxford commas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!