Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Inspired by Soap Packaging, Part 1

It's always fun to see something on Pinterest and immediately feel inspired to make cards. This photo has so much goodness in it!

Source

The first card I made uses the layout of the beehive package (far left), with the cute little bees randomly buzzing around. In my version, they become red snowflake polka dots. Don't ask me why. My muse said red, so I went red.




Now, initially, I'd stamped the red dots onto the tree as well, as ornaments. But when you stamp red pigment ink over green dye ink, the results look rather drab and brown. So how to fix it? Well, I figured gold beads would make better ornaments; in addition, the panel needed some sort of border. With the gold metallic border, the gold beads look intentional rather than stuck on as an afterthought to cover a boo-boo.



I'm not bothered by the unrealistic color of the snowflakes (or, as I think of them, polka dots), but perhaps some literalists find it disturbing. If so, they might find tomorrow's card more sensibly colored.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Tiny Trees, Hero Arts Holiday Greetings, My Favorite Things Party Patterns (the green blob)
ink: Memento love letter, rich cocoa; Ranger Archival leaf green
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gold half beads, gold Prismacolor marker

3 comments:

  1. I like the red polka dots!! I don't picture them as snowflakes, just polka Dots (I must be tired. My brain usually would jump all over the red snowflake creative flow, ha!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Always follow your muse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the inspiration photo you shared!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!