Monday, February 8, 2016

Inspired by an OLS Card

In the cards submitted for the January One-Layer Simplicity challenge was a gorgeous one by Karen Haman.

I'll wait while you check it out.

Cue Muzak. Ahhhh...Barry Manilow. Copacabana. Music and passion were always the fashion at the Copa....

Oh, you're back!

Anyway, I loved Karen's card so much I highlighted it in the details post for January. It's totally cool in every way, but I was particularly inspired by the way she faded the watercolor background on the left. Completely cool, and something that never would have occurred to me.

So I made this card with Twinkling H2Os and some new watercolor paper.





As the daughter of a fine artist who works mostly in watercolor and has sold actual paintings in return for actual money, I'm shockingly uncomfortable using watercolors. But this turned out fine (IMHO), especially with the shimmery gold mixed in with the red of the Twinkling H2O paint.

So, Karen, I'm inspired by your example. THANK YOU!!! If you send me your snail-mail address, I'll send you this card! My email is susanraihala at roadrunner dot com.

And I'm also shockingly behind in picking winners and mailing cards from last week's card give-away. I'll get on that ASAP.

Blessings to all.

Good night.

Supplies
stamps: Waltzingmouse Blessed by You
ink: Memento Luxe black
paper: watercolor 
accessories: washi tape for masking, brush, water, Twinkling H2Os

6 comments:

  1. Eeep! Really?? Thank you so much!!

    Your card is gorgeous - love the added twinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are amazing!. I love the watercolor look and am still trying to capture it. Both of your sentiments were also very cool.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning, love the gold which (IMHO) really lifts it to stunning

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, using the shimmery gold is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!