Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Why Line Art Rocks

Often, cards made in a clean-and-simple style feature block stamps...where the image is completely (or at least mostly) solid, as on THIS CARD. Outline stamps (or line-art stamps) generally require coloring, which requires a lot of time and energy, not to mention some medium for coloring (colored pencils, watercolor pencils, markers of all types, paint, Smooch, etc.).

Could I have used more parenthetical expressions in the previous paragraph? (Probably.)

Anyway, some designs of line art actually look AWESOME simply stamped in a strong color, and such is the case with the leaves in Gina K's Sun-Kissed Autumn set. These gorgeous images are just right for CAS style!


In the first card, I stamped the three leaves to create a border around the sentiment using autumnal colors.

I love the word autumnal. Say it out loud. Can't you just smell leaf mold and crisp autumn air? Autumnal. Mmmmm.

Those autumnal colors pop right off the white background, making a light and airy card.

For the second card, I used a scrap of paper lying on my desk, a single leaf stamp, a single bling, and a sentiment from Waltzingmouse.



The border on the popped panel was created with a Sharpie marker and a ruler. There are only two layers of white card stock on this card...no colored card stock whatsoever. Just think of the possibilities!


So don't feel that you have to limit yourself to coloring line-art stamps. Sometimes, all it takes is the right color ink and a clean design, and that line art will SING!

Supplies
stamps: Gina K Sun-Kissed Autumn, Waltzingmouse Blessed by You
ink: SU cherry cobbler, Hero Arts orange soda and butter bar, Memento cocoa
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, Sharpie marker, rhinestone

5 comments:

  1. I was just designing a line-art card in my head when this came up in my reader! Lovely and airy! I always like this style when I see it, but never think to do it myself. I guess now I have to! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ardyth! Get right on that...can't wait to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  2. What a great card! As I have said before, CAS is not my style (can't stamp anything straight! :) but love what you do!
    side note: I came here after reading Joan B's update on her Fed Up journey. After looking at your card I was reading the ingredients and noticed this: SU cherry cobbler, Hero Arts orange soda and butter bar, Memento cocoa. Had a good chuckle.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny, Lu C! HOW is Joan doing this with all the subliminal sugary goodness permeating even her hobby? HOW????!?!?

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!