Saturday, January 17, 2015

More with Stickles

NOTE: I put the wrong ink color on my previous post. The correct ink is Brilliance Pearlescent RUST. Amazing the things that pop into your mind right after you wake up in the morning! I've edited the post to reflect the change. The metallic marker IS copper, though. The two match nicely, don't they?

ANOTHER NOTE: I've updated and rewritten parts of my Product Talk tab with new information. If you're looking for discussion of ink, card stock, or stamps, check it out.

On this post, I painted Stickles over water-resistant colored ink, but my first attempt with painting Stickles used an outline stamp. Check it out!



To get this effect, I used almost no water (wet the brush and wiped it on a paper towel), so the Stickles went down thicker. The sketchy style of this old Hampton Arts stamp works perfectly with the loose and "messy" style of the painted Stickles.

Supplies
stamps: Hampton Arts (flower), Papertrey Mega Mixed Messages
ink: Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Stickles, dimensionals, Corner Chomper

8 comments:

  1. This is sweet! I love daisies, and you're right — this is a great paring of casual, "messy" styles. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done, Susan! I absolutely love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and you painting with Stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a fan of Stickles because they take so long to dry when I use them... but I'm always using big thick blobs and they take all night to dry. I love this painting method. I think because it layers onto the paper so thin, it'll dry much quicker. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - I will be trying this today :)

    Love this pretty daisy image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try this technique. I love the glitter of stickles; but it is so imprecise. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stamp is part of my NBUS & you've inspired me to dig it out and "paint it' with stickles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!