Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Silver and Gold Christmas

So far, TiaraHelen is the only one to have put a suggestion on yesterday's post. Thanks, Helen! I hope more of you will take the time to read the post and share your ideas.

In the meantime, here's a little silver and gold for Christmas, courtesy of Brilliance gold and Hero Arts soft silver!


I tried making a CAS collage-style card using an angel image on the front as well (inspired by a card in the Hero Arts mini catalog from earlier this year). But that card didn't turn out well at all. Left with an extra stamped angel, I decided to put her inside the more successful (and far less collage-y) card!



To make the card, I cut a mask out of copy paper and stamped the A Muse music sheet background in soft silver. Then, I edged the sentiment and angel panels (stamps by PSX) with a silver metallic pen (PrismaColor). The stars were punched out of shimmery gold card stock.

There's more going on here than I generally use, but it's a pretty card that's perfect for someone on my Christmas card list!

Supplies
stamps: PSX, Hero Arts
ink: Brilliance, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: silver metallic pen, ruler, dimensionals, star punches


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the acknowledgement, Susan! I've noticed you mention the Stephen Ministry before - do you know if it exists in the UK by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card Susan, I like the mix of gold and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely stunning, Susan! I love the music background and the layout is tops. That angel is elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Susan - and you found the perfect spot for your angle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This can't be a "Susan" card! It has way too many layers. lol Susan, your is beautiful. Love the gold and silver together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!