Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sentiment Collage...the CAS Way (ETA)

I like words.

You probably suspected that little personal factoid, given how many words I've shared on my four blogs...because one blog just isn't enough.

Anyway, I played around with various Thinking of You sentiments, most of them from the Thinking of You limited edition set from Clear and Simple Stamps. If you take time to read the words, you'll see "today" and "always" included for a little added effect.

ETA: Inspired by Hazel


And bling. Because it's always a good thing. Especially when it moves your eye around a card.

These types of collages are great when your stamp collection has grown big enough that you have so many sentiments you don't know what to do with them all.

Which doesn't at all explain why I still have times when I don't have the perfect sentiment...but that's such a first-world problem, don't you think? I'm not complaining. Just commenting.

I like the calm peacefulness of this word collage. The sentiments are all fairly smallish, and they balance out nicely. You can also play with combining a larger range of sizes in your word collage, turn words sideways, mix things up more. Don't be afraid to make mistakes (you will)...just play around until it comes out right.

And yes, this is my second attempt at a Thinking of You word collage. The first fell completely flat (so to speak) when I stamped a huge sentiment that unbalanced the whole card. I recommend you start with the largest word or sentiment first, and then fill in around it.

Thanks for sharing your wishes and favorites with me and the world in the last post's comments. Must check out a few new companies!


Supplies
stamps: various, mostly Clear and Simple Stamps
ink: VersaColor and VersaMagic
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: gridded acrylic block, rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. This is nice. I've tried a few times to make a word collage on a card, but mine never quite worked. You're inspiring me to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful result and such a great (but simple) idea too

    Happy 2014

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this collage idea. Very smart.

    I totally know what you mean about having trouble finding the right sentiment to fit, and thinking, "How on Earth is this possible?" It seems ridiculous. I do need to part with some older sets that continue to collect dust, but I will NOT part with sentiment sets exactly for that reason. Sometimes one that you're not even particularly fond of, happens to be just the right size or style.

    First World problems, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!