Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Brads, The Finale

Today's card is my last brad card for a while...perhaps a LONG while. It's cute, though, isn't it?



Pastels are hard to photograph well...the pink looks darker in real life, but you get the idea. I love all the dots here, from Dot Spot flowers to the Polka Dot Basics "grass" to the sprinkle of brads. TEN on one card. Not too shabby!

And now for a few comments....

1. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions on my request for stamp company recommendations. As soon as I posted that request, my email went wonky and I've been trying to trouble-shoot and get it all straightened out. What a nightmare!!!! Please use the following new email address for me in the future: gsraihala at roadrunner dot com. I think I've changed it everywhere on the blogs, but you wouldn't believe how complicated that is! Once I work through these issues, I'll start poking around at some of your suggested stamp companies. Your comments are a great resource for many people!

2. The Boston bombings have hit me hard. I've stood so often at or near the finish line of Ironman races. I know the excitement and energy and fun of the crowd, the joy of seeing racers staggering toward the finish or sprinting on adrenaline, the excited voice of announcers calling the names of finishers. I've seen parents pick up their children and carry them over the finish and fist-bumped my own husband as he approached.

To think of the evil of someone setting off bombs in that environment horrifies me. I hope justice is done, but more than that, I pray the surviving victims' lives will be pieced back together and healing will happen, not just of bodies but of hearts and minds and souls. And I pray for comfort for the families of those killed. Nothing can make up for their loss. Nothing.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink
paper: Papertrey Ink
ink: Memento
accessories: corner rounder, brads, awl, DMC floss, dimensionals


7 comments:

  1. This card is my fav of all of the brad cards. Really delightful. Well, I pray for the families and people from that horrific act, but I do hope SWIFT justice prevails. I'd hate this to become the new normal for our precious country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the inspiring cards using brads. I'll have to dig through my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've shown that even the oldies can be goodies--kind of like some of us. I must ask, though: what's not to like about brads? You've certainly showed how versatile they can be. Am I the only one who likes them? Could be, as I'm also about the only one who doesn't care for butterflies. I've always been contrary--just ask my mom and dad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous finale, Susan, and thanks so much for the inspiration during this 'series'. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finale - warrants a Standing Ovation....Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card!Love how you used your brads...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!