Sunday, December 19, 2010

You Don't HAVE to Color the Peacocks...

So, I was looking through Take Ten and saw some cards which used images stamped in black with accents of color by Glenda Giguere. The effect was striking, and I wanted to play with it myself. The Hero Arts peacocks set was perfect for trying the effect because it has outline images that are really pretty all by themselves, and with spots where coloring could add a little umph. So I made this:


Now, I'm not sure how I feel about the little ledge I have him standing on (good idea or not?), but I LOVE how the spots of Turquoise Stickles dress him up! It's uber sparkly in real life, though I'm not sure the picture does it justice.

Why not look for some outline images in your stash that you could stamp in black on white cardstock and then dress up this way...with a just a little glitter, bling, embellishments, or coloring? It's quick, easy, and has a fun graphic impact!

Many thanks to all who have wished me well after yesterday's rather whiny post. I'm still feeling icky, but my energy seems to be coming back. This, too, shall pass...hopefully in time for Christmas, which is looking to be white here in our corner of Ohio!

13 comments:

  1. Susan
    I still think the peacock is gorgeous. Must try some of this stamping stuff. Mostly rely on Cricut, Cuttlebug and SVGs to enhance my cards.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I am lovin' the peacock cards - I may have to get this little critter for myself! It's whimsical, but not cutesy, KWIM? Glad you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, Susan! I love your idea for going black and white with a little bit of dressing up. I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the peacock stamp. The spot colour works brilliantly!! I'm not sure about the shelf!! So glad that you're feeling better today.

    Must try to get the OLW card done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous effect, I love it and may follow your advice :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your peacock cards ... not sure about the little shelf ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your peacock inspirations from yesterday and today. I have this set and it has not yet seen ink. I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. Not a good time to be under the weather!

    Love the peacock stamp and your card. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The peacock is a lovely stamp, even without coloring him. And I love the bling on him! However, I do think I like him best colored the way you did yesterday -- a peacock is meant to be over the top with color. I'm on the "uh-uh" side of the ledge; it looks a little out of place. Maybe just a very light shadow under him would work to ground him?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like what you are doing with the peacock!! (I will not impulse buy, I will not impulse buy.....)
    I'm with you on the ledge....I think it might need a bit of shadow, as Sue suggested

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to need to try this with some of my peacock collection. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the turquoise stickles on the peacock but I'd leave out the little ledge - it looks a little odd to me. Lucky you having a white Christmas - up here in Vancouver, Canada, they are a rare thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think its fine to have a "floating" peacock ! He looks wonderful with his stickles. Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!