Saturday, November 7, 2009

CAS39 Sketch Challenge



I FINALLY got to make a card for the CAS39 Sketch Challenge. Took all week...it's been a weird one. Really weird.

This card is super simple and fun, with Green Galore instead of the usual Christmas green. I simply don't like Glorious Green and usually substitute Garden Green for Glorious. Green Galore, however, makes me happier, especially with Real Red.

Penny Black's holly is so fun, and the ticket punch gives subtle (or perhaps not so subtle!) reinforcement of the signature holly shape.

Hope you like it!

Supplies
stamps: Penny Black, PTI Signature Christmas

ink: real red, Palette Noir, Bic Mark-It markers
paper: PTI white, SU green galore
accessories: ticket punch, ribbon, dimensionals, red gemstones

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! Do you do anything special to your stamps inorder to use SU ink with the PTI stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green galore is looking very "Christmasy" on your card, and I love the holly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like it?? i love it!!
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instant reaction, "wow"!
    You have a knack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. see, there you go again, thinking about things like how the ticket punches reinforces the holly shape....man, I wish my brain thought like yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like glorious green either and I never use it. In fact I still have the original 3 sheets that came in the multipack of cardstock I bought in 2004. But I do like green galore and it looks great against the white. The ticket corner punch gives a great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, this is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I don't know how you do it. You can make such simple cards look so fabulous!
    Great take on the sketch with the ticket corners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography is as awesome as your cards. That red ribbon looks richer than any red ribbon I've ever seen before and the shadows on it are so beautiful.

    And now for that convex corner punch. That's the first punch I ever bought. I used it once and declared it Super-ugly. Now I have to find my also-ugly holly stamp and put the two together to make "gorgeous"? Wow, you teach me EVERY day, Susan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty, I like the green against all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did I tell you how much I love this card?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you tied in the red in the ink, the berries and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card, Susan - love the shade of green you chose, it's so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!