Friday, October 9, 2009

Inspired by Donelda Again

Donelda (wiggydl at SCS) has a wonderful CAS style that often inspires me, most recently with this card.

I found these squares of Basic Gray Christmas paper in my punch scrap container. The sentiment is by Hero Arts and is perfectly sized to balance the busyness of the patterns.



Then I decided to try plain ol' cardstock with this layout to make a masculine get well card. It's definitely on the plain side, but those colors together really do say "dude" to me.



This sentiment, also by Hero Arts, is so useful. What sentiment do you use with very elderly or chronically sick people? "Get Well Soon" seems sort of falsely hopeful and bossy, like they have a choice in the matter and you're totally over them being sick. "Take good care" seems warmer and more huggy, like saying "do the best you can." Of course, "Thinking of You" is always appropriate for the recipient, but sometimes I get bored with it.

Do you have a favorite sentiment for cards in these cases? Please share!

13 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are beautiful, Susan!! I love the layout and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That layout is great. I love how the Merry Christmas fits in there perfectly.

    "Take good care" really does make perfect sense for all the occasions you mentioned! I have a "just because" that I sometimes use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Christmas one. The white really balances all the pattern nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have anything helpful to add here. I just love the layout. Those sentiments do balance them well. And I think 'take good care' is perfect. I could use one of those. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used "kind thoughts" from SU for both sympathy and a wish for good health.

    Thanks for the inspiration! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards! "Take good care" is indeed a good sentiment. I don't have these, but I've thought something like "Have a bright day" or "Have a sunny day" would be good for the people you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great sentiment ... it is so true, I recently wanted to make a card for someone who was in the hospital because they were dying...get better soon just wasn't going to cut it!! You are passing forward the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, this is a gorgeous layout - I love the cards you made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, I really like the one with the masculine colors, perfect for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely sentiment on your 2nd card ... I really struggle at times when as you say 'get well' just isn't appropriate. You always seem to have just the right one!!
    Love this layout, a favourite of mine, and I love what you have created with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking on the "patterned paper"!!! Once again I love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with next ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this simple design. It's fun with the bits of patterned paper and so serene with the solid blues and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a simple design, the instinct is to usually do four shapes, but I like three and a sentiment. In fact I might just try making one right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!