Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clean and Simple Challenge #13



The CAS13 Challenge at SCS is AWESOME, and this week's challenge made me sooo happy. It's a sketch challenge based on jpardoe's card HERE. Isn't it wonderful? The card above is particularly satisfying to me because I actually used Form and Function (SU background stamp) on a card that makes me happy! Yeah! I love office supply stuff but sometimes struggle with using it on cards. Here, I punched out circles from an image of Form and Function and used them for my two rows.

Simplicity Tip: Punch a hole in your card and tie a ribbon knot over it. This allows you to wrap around one side of cs and not have to go all the way across to the other side.

I've made a bunch of cards off this sketch , and here are two more.


This one uses PTI's Quilter's Sampler...without having to color in the image. I blogged earlier about avoiding coloring by stamping outline images in color rather than standard black. It worked beautifully here. I also switched the shape from circles to squares...sometimes it's hip to be square!

(I'm sorry about that pun...I'll try not to let it happen again.)


I love hearts, especially now that I have PTI's Heart Prints set and the coordinating punches. This was just such an easy card to make, and I love the lime and amethyst colors on a white background. Very clean, don't you think?

Supplies: Posted on my scs gallery. It's getting late and I'm tired, LOL!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, all three are awesome! Great tip about the ribbon, I'll have to try that. Fun sketch, I'll definitely play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful (as usual!!)
    Love the quilter one the best or is it the hearts or could even be the 'office' one!!!
    TFS your amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, Susan, my favourite is the quilt squares but they all appeal. Stamping time has been ata premium lately, but I have find time to play this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, all of them! The form and function one is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards are so beautiful. I can't choose a favourite between the quilt or hearts :o) really lovely. Well done.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, Susan! Hope to play along later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your cards....as usual. Hope I get time to play today....

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, I love the green and purple combo...I love all these cards. I especially love that ribbon technique....gonna have to add it to my idea list!! Thanks for connecting me to these challenges, I am loving them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all really terrific, and different, takes on the CAS challenge. I especially like the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!